As your colon health improves, you will shed extra pounds naturally. To keep your weight down, please follow these simple dietary guidelines:
• Make at least 50% of your daily food intake fresh, raw, unprocessed foods.
• Eat your largest meal of the day between 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. Do not go to sleep on a full stomach.
• Eliminate or significantly reduce your consumption of white sugar, white flour, white rice, and fried foods.
• Eat a variety of foods from meal to meal and from day to day. Eat a “rainbow” diet.
• Chew each mouthful 30-50 times before swallowing.
• Do not eat when emotionally upset.
• Drink at least ½ ounce of purified water per pound of your body weight daily. Example: a 120 pound person needs 60 ounces of purified water daily.
• Drink liquids at least ½ hour before meals and one hour after meals to avoid diluting your digestive fluids.
Sharon V.B. Roulhac is an integrative nutrition health coach and an internationally certified colon hydrotherapist at the advanced level. She is affiliated with Relaxing Alternatives Wellness Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland.