Below is a list of my suggestions for what to do before and after each colon hydrotherapy session.
1. Avoid solid foods for two hours before your colon hydrotherapy session. Clear liquids and purified water are ok.
2. Ask your colon hydrotherapist to recommend a natural product you can take beforehand to enhance the elimination process. I recommend ColonMax by Advanced Naturals. It’s available at Relaxing Alternatives in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
1. Drink plenty of liquids such as:
Green vegetable juices and smoothies
Herbal Teas (Mint, Chamomile, Ginger)
Electrolyte liquids, including coconut water
2. Replace intestinal flora (an oral probiotic recommended after each session)
3. Eat cooked foods for 24 hours after your session such as:
4. Drink simple smoothies and vegetable juices consisting of no more than three ingredients and diluted with coconut water or purified water (3/4 juice:1/4 water)
5. Avoid heavy meat consumption for three (3) days after your session.
6. Eat light to give your digestive system a rest; chew slowly and well!
7. Relax. Take a nap, if you can.
Sharon V.B. Roulhac is a certified integrative nutrition coach and an internationally certified colon hydrotherapist at the advanced level. She is affiliated with Relaxing Alternatives Wellness Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland and Studio 226 in Denver, Colorado.